Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Thing 23
Well, I'm done! I have learned a lot about web 2.0. I don't know how much will stick with me unless I use the different "things" frequently though (always the problem with me and technology).
I started out having a lot of fun with the blogging itself. I liked creating images and uploading them too.
I'm glad I know more about You Tube, RSS feeds, and Facebook because the students all use them (it bothers me a bit that they always know so much more about the technology than we do!) At least now, I know more because from home I could explore more and not be blocked by webblocker.
I'll probably refer back to the 23 Things blog in the future when I find a practical use for one of the "things" and want to use one again. For instance, librarything, might be nice to refer to when considering book purchases for my library. Also, the wiki from Ohio Univ. Business library might be interesting to "borrow" ideas from. And, I will be sure to mention to students and teachers that the audiobooks are available from the public library site (Overdrive).
Overall, this was a good idea (Web 2.0 online course); I'm glad I signed up for it! Jen was great to reply quickly to any emails I sent to her for help on it, too. It would have been more fun if the blogs had created discussions among the participants, but maybe everyone was too busy for that? I enjoy feedback from online classmates when I take online courses...keeps me motivated. And, with that, I'm glad we had time this summer to complete the 23 things!

No comments:

Post a Comment