Friday, June 5, 2009

Week 6 Thing 13
Explored the Delicious social bookmarking site. It's nice to know about it, I guess. I read about the tags and I get it. I remember a time when I was instructed to create a log of great sites I liked (way back when, in a grad. library class on technology) on a floppy disc and annotate them so I could return to them when I might like to use them again. Well, that just didn't work too well once there were a lot of them. Using folders seemed like a better way to go, but sometimes it was hard to remember what folder a site got organized into once there were lots of folders. So, yeah, tags makes sense...if I can think ahead as to what future needs I might have for a site. For example, if I use "psychology" or "mental health" or "biography" as tags, I could then access it easier and use the same website on say Elizabeth Kubler Ross for 3 different classes that might want to use it: psych class, health occupations, and English class (biographies).

No comments:

Post a Comment