Friday, June 5, 2009

Week 6 Thing 14
Explored Technorati, but I don't know when I'd use this. I did a search for "library" and for "school library", but the blogs weren't what I was looking for. It picked up the words used in blogs, but the blogs actually had very little to do with my tags; they were used as asides in conversations about other things. (It didn't matter which authority I selected.) Maybe I need to discuss with a librarian who is using Technorati in some practical (and efficient) way in order to see its value to me. Even if a student wanted an opinion on some topic from a blog located this way, it seems like it would take a lot of false leads to get at whatever they wanted.

I've been slow to post for Week 6 (#13 and #14) because everytime I would visit the sites I'd get "lost" and feel kind of aimless on them. There's this time crunch at work and home where I want information and results quickly and both Delicious and Technorati slowed me down. I asked a teenager if she used either, but she said no. I don't know if the sites are blocked at my school (most other web 2.0 sites are, so I assume these are), but if students don't use them and I can 't access them, I probably won't be using them either.

No comments:

Post a Comment