Saturday, June 6, 2009

Week 6 Thing 15
I loved the "libraries as mind gyms" part of Dr. Schultz's article. I think that's great phrasing! "Knowledge spa" ... She was inspired!

Librarians are all about service and that won't change. We are the information experts who know where to find the right resources. In school libraries, teachers and students sometimes don't even know the right questions to ask and school librarians help them figure that out too. Library 2.0 shows libraries are evolving to keep up with the world of knowledge that is evolving. We'll weed out the old and add in the new and continue to meet the information needs of our patrons.
I'd like to see more of how school libraries are venturing into 2.0. I know blogging may find a place, and I've seen schools using wikis-that's a start- but it's a little hard to imagine it all coming together smoothly. I guess we'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment