Friday, June 12, 2009

Week 7 Thing 16
I enjoyed browsing the wikis. I liked the Ohio Library Biz Wik wiki. "Chad Boeninger, Business Librarian at Ohio University has created a Biz Wiki http://www.library.ohiou.edu/subjects/bizwiki/ so that he can more easily update his subject guides and so that students and faculty can add to his lists of useful links." (Meredith Farcus, WebJunction, 9/6/05, http://www.webjunction.org/technology/web-tools/articles/content/438229) The opening page had a video to explain what it was at the top- nice. I read the critique of his page and his responses and that helped me understand what his thoughts were on the wiki --purpose, design, etc.
Another wiki that I enjoyed was Bull Run Library Wiki because there was another video at the bottom that gave a great review of RSS feeds (see how easily I get sidetracked? :-)
The ALA Conference wiki seemed practical...I can see how it may have grown with input from others. I mean, it would take a lot of time and planning for one librarian to think of everything to include.
I'd like to remember some of these wikis for librarians, so I can come back to them and see what's new from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment